In April we served an average of 116 meals a week. Our highest number was 137, which we served on April 8. Thanks to the groups and individuals who made it happen. Meet some of them below.
We are low on volunteers during the summer, so if you or your group is interested in helping, consider some of the ideas below from our offsite and onsite volunteers. We serve from Praise the Lord Outreach Ministries, 900 MLK Street South, St. Petersburg FL 33705. Volunteers arrive at 7:30 AM and we finish serving by 9:30. Contact us for details about the meal: what we do, what to expect, what to wear.
You can also donate food or toiletries or prepare food offsite. A list of suggested donations is at the end of the newsletter.
If you can help, contact one of us. We can also speak to your group about the breakfast.
Brittany Howard or (727) 637-4863 or email@example.com
John Stewart or (727) 492-1590 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our volunteers (L-R):
- Once a month St. Mary & St. Mina Coptic Orthodox Church in Clearwater cooks a full meal offsite, delivers it to Praise the Lord, and church members of all ages help box and serve the meal.
- On the second Saturday of the month, Paradise Lutheran Church on Treasure Island brings 100 bagged lunches, which include a sandwich, hard-boiled egg, fruit, trail mix, salty snack, condiments, dessert (and, in this photo, special Easter treat bags!).
- Also on the second Saturday, the Parking Lot Gang, a ministry of Saint Teresa of Calcutta Catholic Community in St. Petersburg sets up their Pop-up Pantry to distribute clothing and toiletries.
- Irene Pavese and other members of St. Alban’s Episcopal Church from St. Pete Beach cook, deliver, and help serve breakfast every other month.
- St. Petersburg Junior Woman’s Club collected supplies to be distributed to the community, and joined us last Saturday to deliver and serve casseroles they had prepared.
- The Woodlawn Elementary School Gifted Program collected food, toiletries and clothing for the breakfast.
Thanks to all our volunteers! Contact us if you or your group would like to help.
FOOD, CLOTHING AND TOILETRIES NEEDS
- hot food cooked offsite
- fruit cups, bananas, oranges
- beef sticks, canned meat pop tops (tuna, Vienna sausages),
- yogurt cups, lunch meat, sliced cheese, cheese sticks
- packs of any variety of cheese or peanut butter crackers, snack-sized bags of chips
- bottled water, Gatorade, soda
- toothbrushes, toothpaste
- disposable razors, shaving cream
- bar soap, wash cloths
- feminine hygiene items
- travel size creams, shampoo, and body wash
- individual packets of Kleenex, hand wipes
- gently used clothes
- men’s and women’s tennis shoes
- men’s underwear S/M/L
- women’s underwear S/M/L/XL
PLEASE NOTE: **We do not accept children’s clothes**